Since a few weeks, I have been trying my hand at new and most importantly easy to make recipes. Last week I prepared my version of Avocado on toast while the week prior to that, it was Mushroom on toast.
I myself love both Avocado and Mushroom and it is difficult to lean towards one of them. In this post, I am sharing both my recipes. Do let me know if you are Team Avocado or Team Mushroom.
Avocado on Toast
- Take a ripe Avocado and peel the skin off.
- Take about 1-2 Tomatoes and 1 onion and dice them (cut them into small cube pieces)
- Take a small bunch of coriander (make sure to wash it thoroughly) and chop it finely.
- Take a few eggs and boil them. Make sure that when you start boiling them, do so at a low gas and turn up the heat a few minutes later to avoid the eggs from cracking.
- Lastly, take a few slices of bread that you will need to toast.
- Once the eggs have boiled, peel the skin off and cut each egg in about 8-12 pieces.
- In the meantime, throw the Tomatoes and Onions together and add a little olive oil to it. Add black pepper, salt, red pepper and mix all of it together.
- Put the bread in the toaster, preferably at a low number to avoid it from becoming too hard or turning black.
- Once the toast pops out, spread Avocado on it. Make sure that you have removed the seed from the Avocado.
- Add the diced Tomatoes and Onions to the toast along with the Egg. Garnish with Coriander.
Mushrooms on Toast
- Take some Mushrooms, 1-2 cloves of Garlic, a small piece of ginger, some Broccoli, 1 Bell pepper, some mint and some coriander.
- Wash everything thoroughly and chop them. Make sure to finely chop ginger and garlic to avoid big chunks coming in your mouth (most people don’t prefer it) when eating.
- Heat some olive oil in a pan.
- Add the vegetables to the pan and cook for a few minutes.
- Add some salt, black pepper, Garlic Peri-Peri sauce and some BBQ sauce to the vegetables and mix the vegetables in the sauces.
- Turn the gas off and take the vegetables out of the pan. Take some bread slices and put them in the pan. Since the pan would still be hot, the bread will be heated and would also absorb some of the sauces from the pan.
- After the bread is warm, take it out of the pan and add the vegetables on top of the bread.
- Add some Mustard and some Cream Cheese and serve.
So these were the recipes for both Toast based dishes. What would you pick now? Team Avocado or Team Mushroom?